Bill Flitter points on Pheedo to an interesting interview & discussion podcast he is on with Rok Hrastnik from MarketingStudies on the subject of RSS advertising.
He writes, the topics we discussed included:
* Different ad placements within RSS feeds
* Best RSS advertising strategies and best RSS advertising practices
* How to make RSS advertising user-friendly, get best results, not lose readers and keep advertisers happy?
* RSS advertisement targeting
* What's happening with RSS feeds that are already doing advertising in their feeds? Are they losing readership?
* The role of RSS metrics in RSS advertising and how RSS metrics actually work
* Use RSS for lead-generation
* How much RSS advertising costs?
* How much can RSS publishers get from RSS advertising and how they can start publishing ads in their RSS feeds?
* Emerging RSS ad standards
* Can RSS become infested with spam
The podcast (52:15 min.) is great help for understand the basics and the power of RSS advertising.
For a more comprehensive information check the RSS Diary of MarketingStudies's.