The next FIPP Worldwide Magazine Marketplace (WMM) takes place in London, October 28 - 27, 2005.
The WMM is the an event you don't want to miss if you are a magazine publisher and want to make some money with international licensing, syndication, cooperation, JV and Networking or/and have a plan how to do it.
But one (important) single event a year cannot take care about the whole processes, needs and wants of the internationalization, licensing and syndication.
We (a non-disclosure prevents the mentioning of the ones involved) have therefore developed the idea of a virtual WMM - open 365 day / 24 hours. People I discussed this idea with reacted positively - specially the once who are looking for licensing and partnering (incl. the association and some publishers from China).
Our Idea is a Matchmaking platform with
- Publishers / Objects Profile of publishers offering and asking for matchmaking (and presentations)
- Contact module for un-moderated and moderated Search (RFQ)
- Information section Countries, Regions, Markets with catalog feature
- ERFA / Best Practice / Exchange of experience and Interaction (with various Social Software)
- Resource database sector
- Service-Provider Profiles and presentations
(Later maybe including / connecting an eLearning area).
All is connected to the publishing houses/license departments own website or micro site and to service providers (from the supplier and the consulting and training scene).
What is your opinion about such a venture? Would you be interested to collaborate and/or to use such a platform?
Please use the comment function or eMail to Hugo E. Martin Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org