Steve Outing at Editor & Publisher writes in his column Stop The Presses
Game Plan for Getting Through 2006
He suggests that newspapers should become "Podcast gods" and should not be afraid to Wiki's. Moreover, with the money they are going to make from free classifieds, they may even be so bold as to ease up on Web site registration barriers and finally figure out how to publish where the young people are ...
Commitments that look like hard work:
1. I will discuss more, talk less.
2. I will dare to Wiki.
3. I will be more interactive.
4. I will seek out 'citizen advertisers.'
5. I will learn to turn free classifieds into money.
6. I will publish where the young people are.
7. I will devise a better Web site registration scheme.
8. I will become a podcast god.
9. I will not become complacent; I will remain alert.
The complete column at 'Stop the Presses'