As the link on our August 2005 Blog entry 'VSS 19th Annual Communications Industry Forecast 2005 Out' does not work anymore, we use Folio: article (12-Dec-2005) to remind (and update the link) on some highlights from the VSS 2005 Communications Industry Forecast
- The average person will consume 10 hours of media a day by 2009, with home video, consumer Internet and wireless media predicted to see the largest hourly gains.
- Digital-based media forecast to drive average annual consumer spending on media over the 1,000 USD threshold in 2009 for the first time
- E-media will continue to be the fastest growing sub segment of the b-to-b media market, with projected growth of 26,5 percent in 2005.
- Custom publishing spending is expected to grow at double-digit rates annually due to interest in 'establishing solid business relationships' and a transition from short newsletters to four-color magazines.
- Internet advertising, driven by keyword search ads and rich media, is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 24 percent over the next five years.
- Communications industry expected to top a trillion dollars by 2009, becoming the fourth largest and fastest growing sector of the U.S. economy.
More on ad spending, tradeshows & events, product placement in Folio: or directly at VSS.