Today, a bit late in time, arrived the FIPP Magazine World Magazine March 2006. The started a new series about 'B2B Publishing in Emerging Markets'.
Pretty basic staff I must say. China, Central America and Mexico, the Middle East and the Islamic Republic of Iran – and Iran catched my attention, as I haven’t heard about publishing Iran for a long, long time.
My connection to Iran and its people goes back to the late 60s …, you know: Berlin, the Shah and so on , than early in 70s, when ALNO Kitchen build their first JV outside of Germany in Iran, later when I lived in London and my place was occupied by dear friends (up to 10 persons) from Teheran for quit some time ...
But back to publishing. As I didn’t find this article series online at Edward Marr (Haymarket) quoted:
- Iran has ‘some 20 newspaper’,
- a ‘few hundreds available at newsstands/kiosks’ priced from 0,28 to 1,15 USD
- Magazine advertising is less dominant than TV and outdoor
- Low advertising rates for consumer (around 1.000 USD or less), b2b around 2.000 USD
- online publishing is interesting option
Some Consumer Magazines
- Zanan Woman)
- Daneshmand (Science)
- Sport News
- Golestanheh (Arts & Culture)
- Bazyrayaneh (Computer gaming)
- Motor Magazine
Some Business Magazine
- Rah-o-Sakhtehman (Roads and construction)
- Payam (Oil and gas)
- Eghtessad-e-energy (power)
- Sanat-e Chap (Print)
- Daneshe Tablighat (Advertising)
- Bazar Yabi (Marketing)
- Donyaye Rayanehhaye Shakhsi (Computer)
- Machine Magazine (Technical, Scientific und Transportation)
Not so much information, really …
As I’m getting some (regular) visitors to my Blog (and website). If you hear me / read me, can / would you please share some more data on newspaper and magazine publishing in Iran!
Up to now there is no information / no chapter on Iran in the World Magazine Trends 2005/2006 -
maybe we can help to change this!
Some more papers / magazine you can access online
Yahoo List of Iran Newspaper
Subscription Agency (if you want to sell your magazines
Country Briefing Economist
The Worldbank Data & Statistics