(Now 9 + 1 simple ways ...)
Todd Zeigler writes on theBivingsreport:
We took a long look at the features U.S. newspapers include on their websites a few weeks back. In doing the research, we spent more time than is healthy looking at these things. So we figured we'd use this new found expertise for good and offer the newspaper industry some unsolicited advice on how to improve their websites.
1. Start using tags.
2. Provide full text RSS feeds.
3. Work with external "social" websites.
4. Link to relevant blog entries.
5. Get rid of all registration.
6. Partner with local bloggers.
7. Offer alternative views of your content.
8. Modernize your site's graphic design.
9. Learn from Craigslist.
10. Make your content work on cell phones and PDAs.
Examples of online services using particular functions in a successful or productive way ... more