on MarketingPilgrim (03/2006) has been updated ... here
- What to track?
- How to track?
Quote from 'How to track?'
• If possible, monitor hourly as early action is crucial.
• Create custom RSS feeds based on keyword searches: Feedster.com, Technorati.com, IceRocket.com, Google.com/blogsearch, Blogpulse.com, MSN Spaces, Yahoo! News, Google News, MSN News and PubSub.
o Monitor This allows you to monitor a single keyword across 22 different search engine feeds at the same time.
• Filter all feeds into one RSS Reader for easy and time-efficient monitoring options include: Newsgator.com, Bloglines.com, Google Reader or Pluck.com.
• Sign up for Google and Yahoo email alerts using your desired keywords (http://alerts.yahoo.com/ and www.google.com/alerts).
• Determine message boards/forums to track: BoardReader.com, ForumFind.com, Big-Boards.com, BoardTracker.com, iVillage, Yahoo Message Boards, MSN Money
• Determine groups to track: Yahoo Groups, AOL Groups, MSN Groups, Google Groups.
• Track changes on web pages via tools such as Copernic Tracker, Website Watcher and WatchThatPage.com. Monitor every page of your competitor’s web site and specific keywords on pages, etc.
o Also, a good tool for tracking posts to user groups, message boards, forums and blog comments.
Helpful Short Cuts: ... " (and Links)
- General tips on Consumer Generated Media (CGM)
- How to conduct outreach to CGM
- Balancing Negative CGM