From Marketing Vox:
A study conducted by KnowledgeStorm (Emerging Media Series) and Universal McCann is focused on the role of Blogs and RSS on technology purchasing decisions.
The creditibility of B2B Blogs
(seems to be quite high, but this blogs are about subjects the user knows something about)
"Blogs have made inroads into B2B technology companies with
- more than 53 percent of respondents saying the content they read in blogs has an impact on their work-related purchasing decisions. - some 80 percent of respondents say they read blogs, with 51 saying they read them at least once a week."
"More than half of respondents say they are getting both business and technology information from blogs:
- 53 percent read blogs weekly for business information
- 57 percent for technology topics
- 70 percent recommend or pass along content from blogs at least once a month.
- 59 percent of business and IT professionals said they are 'somewhat' to 'very' familiar with RSS, with 31 percent saying they subscribe to RSS feeds or readers ..." more
Earlier Study from the Emerging Media Series:
Listen How Podcasts Influence B2B Technology (Podcast 8 MB, July 2006)