Saul J. Berman, Steven Abraham, Bill Battino and Louisa Shipnuck from the IBM Institute for Business Value published a study on
Navigating the Media Divide:
Innovating and Enabling New Business Models
4 Business models for the near future
(c) IBM - from the study
From the summary:
"A new media world has arrived. Pioneered by teens and gadget-savvy professionals, it has quickly spread into virtually every consumer segment, and started to encroach on traditional media ... to examine the inherent tension between new and traditional media and explore future industry scenarios, we conducted a comprehensive study that included interviews with leaders of media companies and an in-depth analysis of the factors that are shaping the industry outlook. "
1. Put consumers at the center of your business and boardroom.
2. Convert consumer data into competitive advantage.
3. Give control to get share.
4. Deliver experiences, not just content.
5. Leverage virtual worlds.
6. Innovate business models.
7. Invest in interactive, measurable advertising services and platforms.
8. Redefine partnerships, while mitigating fallout.
9. Shift investment from traditional business to new models.
10. Create a flexible business design.
Download Executive Summary (PDF)
Download Business Value Study (PDF)
via JD Lasika on Social Media
The Australian: Old vs new may cost billions