The new PEW / Internet & American Life Project study 'A Typology of Information and Communication Technology Users' - published today - finds
- 8% of Americans are deep users of the participatory Web and mobile applications
- another 23% are heavy, pragmatic tech adopters – they use gadgets to keep up with social networks or be productive at work
- 10% rely on mobile devices for voice, texting, or entertainment
- 10% use information gadgets, but find it a hassle
- 49% of Americans only occasionally use modern gadgetry and many others bristle at electronic connectivity
You can download the full 65 pg report as PDF.
The biggest difference I see between Users in USA and Germany, we don't have this 23 % heavy, pragmatic tech adapters over here.