but where Jack Myers gets his optimism / pessimism from
- ad spending growth in 2008 at 7 %
- ad spending newspapers minus 4,6 %
I don't know. Other monitoring services like TNS and Nielsen have different figures.
Why do I show this chart? It gives us a good overview where advertising & marketing money goes (in US) and shows that Media has lots of untaped chances to be of services.
(Based on Jack Myers 2007 figures)
- Newspapers account for 19,8 % of ad spending (6, 1 % of combined ad & marketing spending)
- Consumer Magazines account for 6,2 % of ad spending (1,9 % of combined ad & marketing spending)
- B2B Magazines account for 4,0 % of ad spending (1,2 % of combined ad & marketing spending)
Newspapers still account for 40,7 % and magazines (Consumer & B2B) vor 23,8 % of ad spending (2005)