From the announcement:
This study examines 10 emerging trends sure to have a major influence on the telecommunications sector:
1. From credit crunch to communications crisis
- will the global contraction of credit provoke a crisis in 2008?
2. Capitalizing on the $10 mobile phone
- the major opportunity for the $10 phone may be the market for machines, rather than for people.
3. Incumbents converting threats into opportunities
- while the threat of disruption has frequently come and gone, many underlying technologies survive.
4. Giving mobile GPS direction
- this year could see that mobile could fit better into GPS than GPS into mobile phones.
5. Exploiting new media’s growing need for communication
- this year will likely see digital communications becoming more varied, vibrant and vital to the way we live than ever before.
6. Getting mobile indoors may spur network sharing
- the need for improved indoor network mobile coverage is likely to be increasingly important for operators.
7. Gray is good
- the ROI from making telecommunications accessible to all
- creating products that are usable by older generations and the younger generations – rather than focusing mainly on the needs of the younger generations
– will also contribute greatly to corporate social responsibility.
8. The rising power of emerging market mobile operators
- cellular mobile operations in emerging markets look set for high growth in 2008 and operators in developed countries should therefore move quickly if they wish to compete in these markets.
9. Questioning the need for speed
- the debate over how fast is fast enough in the telecommunications sector is likely to be as vigorous in 2008 as ever.
10. GSM comes of age
- on 7 September 2008, GSM comes of age ...
Telecommunications Predictions 2008 (PDF, 752 KB)
In this TMT series you also find
Deloitte Media Predictions 2008 (PDF, 544KB)
Technology Predictions 2008 (PDF, 603 KB)
Ja, diese Reports soll es auch deutschsprachig geben - doch ich habe zur Zeit abwechselnd die Fehlermeldung: Seite nicht gefunden / Kann PDF nicht öffnen ... vielleicht wollen Sie es später einmal hier erneut versuchen.