BtoB magazine and Junta42 found in a survey with 150 marketing decision makers in March, 2008, that
- on average 29,42 % of their total marketing budget for 2008 goes to the creation and execution of customer content (which is an increase to earlier finding for 2007 by the Custom Publishing Council)
- that 42 % surveyed increased and 12 % decreased custom content spending (46 % unchanged)
Interesting also, which means of custom publishing they use ...
And where to marketers find custom content providers
- Search Engines - 30%
- Ask Colleagues/Friends - 28%
- Use Internal Resources to Produce the Project - 15,3%
- Industry Magazine/Website - 12,7%
- Go to my Agency - 10,7%
- Hire a Consultant - 3,3%
by Adam Dewitz on The Print CEO Blog
So communication and advertising can address their message directly to their publics and invite a conversation without third party and publishers. We see that authors / content creator have now many ways to publish paid & unpaid to the public without a middle man publishers and (I hope we understand that) readers / user also have many ways to cut out the traditional middle man and conversate directly with the creators ... so we either can either joint this conversation with something valuable or to be in a snit mood and standing outside such conversations and opportunities.