via visionmobile.com | Download
The report provides an unprecedented range of insights across all the touch-points of mobile app development, from selecting a platform and designing an app to receiving the profits. The full, 57-page report comes complete with more than 25 actual developer testimonials and more than 30 illustrative charts.
The full report covers:
- Why do developers choose a mobile platform?
- Platform features: which aspects of their platform do developers perceive as being most important?
- Planning techniques: what are the most popular methods developers use to plan their applications in terms of features and target segment?
- App stores: which app stores are used, based on the developers’ platform of choice?
- How much cross-pollination is taking place across Android and iOS developers today?
- Developer challenges: what are the top-4 challenges developers face when taking their applications to market?
- Revenue models: what are the most popular revenue models and in which cases are ad-funded models used?
- Network operators: what do developers think is the role of network operators? Supermarkets, service enablers, or bit-pipes?
- User Interfaces: which platforms offer a good UI design environment and which not?
- Open source: where do developers use open source and what do they see as the key challenges
Two sample charts from the report
The disparity between devices and applications
Mobile Developer Economics 2010 and Beyond. Designed and produced by VisionMobile. Sponsored by Telefonica Developer Communities June 2010. Licensed under CC 3.0 License. Any use or remix of this work must retain this notice.
Compare No. of Apps with Installed Base
Platform most used by mobile developers in early 2010
via / more on Mobile Developer Economics 2010: The migration of developer mindshare
[cross-posted on SoftGuide.de]