We mentioned this Adobe sponsored ABM's qualitative research by Readex Research (March 11 - April 12, 2013) already. ABM wanted to find out how trade media might / should shape the buyer-seller relationship today and in the near future.
For this research ABM/Readex surveyed three circle of stakeholder in the B2B Media Business: Marketers (74), User of B2B Media (6.682) and B2B Publisher (111) and here some key insights for publishers, what your User/Reader and Marketers/Advertisers do in the B2B Sphere, what the think about the offers available and what they need and want
- planning to ramp up spending on mobile and decrease spending on print
- are only moderately satisfied with the metrics that publishers give them
- prioritizing integrated buys, but are only moderately satisfied with what publishers offer
B2B Decision makers / Users
- want product information
- are eager on competitor comparisons
- going primarily going online for information, then turning to manufacturers...
- more than half are using mobile devices to research purchases
- don't think that publishers are offering high-importance data on mobile channels.
Information Sources Used
B2B Marketing Budgets Shift - next 12 months
ABM has now published a huge tome 425 pages 'Value of B-to-B' report. The report includes about 30 pages of analysis and takeaways and all raw data to dig in and do some number crunching for your and your clients specific needs and wants on B2B Media. The results cover the U.S. B2B Market only. Nevertheless, we think it offers a lot of educational value for B2B Publishers and B2B Marketer in other parts of the world.
Link to presentation charts
Link to presentation video 34:40 min. (! autorun)
see related entry
Research: The Value in B-to-B: How Business-to-business Media Connect Buyers and Sellers